[Freeswitch-users] How to play back a .wav file from Erlang?

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Thu Mar 4 09:22:07 PST 2010

I have the UUID of a parked call.  I've waited n seconds for an operator
to answer that call, but none are available so I want to play a message
to the customer.  How do I do that from Erlang?  I've tried the
following, but it doesn't seem to actually play the file, and I'm not
getting any useful information in fs_cli about the playback attempt that
would indicate why it's not working.

bgapi( eval, "uuid:1f6d7a61-fd1a-4efd-bf84-31c4eea652c2 playback
/opt/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/misc/8000/sorry.wav" )

--
Mark Sobkow
Senior Developer
Email: m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com