[Freeswitch-users] OT: SIP and IP spoofing

Jonas Gauffin jonas.gauffin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 00:07:09 PST 2010

Hello,

My sip gateway provider are using both IP address locking (only my servers
IP addresses can use my gateway account) and Digest authentication on every
call.
I asked why and they said that the account would be vulnerable to IP
spoofing otherwise. Is that possible? I mean, if someone fakes my servers IP
address in the packets, shouldn't the responses be sent back to my server
and not the one creating the fake packets? Are there any other reasons to
use both ip locking and digest authentication?

Regards,
  Jonas