[Freeswitch-users] What FS is doing when idle?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 2 12:44:34 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Sergey Okhapkin
<sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org>wrote:

> A program should not be visible in "top" when idle. That's my point.

That's a dangerous assumption. Do really know for a certainty that a program
"should not" be visible in top when it's "idle"? Like Tony said below,
"idle" is misleading. FreeSWITCH is working its but off when you think it's
"idle." Make 100 simultaneous calls and see what the CPU usage is. I think
you'll be happy with the results.

For the record, we are going to start a wiki page that explains all of this.
It's kind of analogous to the whole "Linux eats all my RAM" discussion. We
should have something documented in a few days.
-MC