[Freeswitch-users] Matching CHANNEL_CREATE event to previous originate command

Roland Hänel roland at haenel.me
Sat Jun 19 02:34:06 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm using mod_event_socket in inbound mode to 'remote control' a FreeSwitch
instance. I'm using the raw TCP interface (not any of the available language
bindings). My problem now is, if I do a command like

   bgapi originate sofia/gateway/mygw/0123456789 &park

and try to match the channel which is created by this command to the command
itself, this seems to be very difficult. I cannot do it on timing only,
because many channels may be created in a very short time and the order of
originate-CHANNEL_CREATE will probably not be consistent.

Is there any 'best practice' how to solve this problem?

One solution seems to be to set {origination_uuid=x-y-z-k} in the originate
section, but this does not reliably work with failover routing (for example,
if I specify two gateways and the call gets rejected on the first and then
originated on the second, the origination_uuid will not be the same any
more).

Greetings,
Roland