[Freeswitch-users] Your Security Best Practices

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Jun 15 14:55:44 PDT 2010

This is what is wrong with this industry.  You have every Tom, Dick and Harry setting up Asterisk and FreeSWITCH boxes without an ounce of clue what the heck to do. Then you have mom and pop shops that provide really sub par services by routing media all over the globe when not needed.  This results in software such as Asterisk or FreeSWITCH getting a bad name when the media goes to hell because TomDickHarry's voip service he runs on his cable modem went out because it rained outside.

So to summarize, either do it right or go home.

/b