[Freeswitch-users] How to limit call attemp time?

Code Ghar codeghar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 14:26:02 PDT 2010

I tested it the following way:

<extension name="outside-call">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^2125550000$">
<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true" />
<action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true" />
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=10" />
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gateway1/$1"/>
<action application="sleep" data="5000" />
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=15" />
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gateway2/$1" />
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=30" />
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gateway3/$1" />
</condition>
</extension>

After 10 seconds, FS sends "cancel" to gateway1 and sends "invite" to
gateway2 after sleeping for a while (optional). Once it sends invite to
gateway2, after 15 seconds FS sends "cancel" to gateway2 and sends "invite"
to gateway3. If after 30 seconds call is not answered it sends "cancel" to
gateway3 and then does not call any other gateway. From all three gateways I
received "183 Session Progress".

If at any point call is answered, then subsequent gateways are not tried.
For example, if call is answered through gateway1, then after hangup it
doesn't attempt gateway2 and gateway3.

Now comes your situation, where you need to try one gateway only. In this
situation the following may be of help.

<extension name="outside-call">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^2125550000$">
<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true" />
<action application="set" data="ignore_early_media=true" />
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=10" />
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/gateway1/$1"/>
</condition>
</extension>

As you can see, we have eliminated all gateways except gateway1. I have
tested this myself and after 10 seconds FS sends "cancel" to gateway1 and
call is disconnected.

Hope this helps. I used the examples at following wiki links to create and
test the above configurations.

Misc. Dialplan Tools bridge
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_bridge

Dialplan FollowMe