[Freeswitch-users] Two bridged FreeSWITCH servers - both in bypass_media mode - possible?

Vitalii Colosov vetali100 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 06:36:32 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to make 2 freeswitches (bridged) to work both in bypass media
mode - currently with no luck.
Would appreciate your advice.

Let say I have 2 FreeSWITCH servers - one acts as PROXY (in
bypass_media_after_bridge mode) and second processes media.

I make a call from one sip client to another via these 2 servers (let's say
G711 is used everywhere).
SIP CLIENT1 -> FS1 (proxy) -> FS2 (media) -> SIP CLIENT2

Proxy server (FS1) sends a re-INVITE and excludes itself from the media path
after the call was answered (I am using bypass_media_after_bridge).

So, the media goes like this: SIP CLIENT1 <-> FS2 <-> SIP CLIENT2

Now, I want to try to exclude the media server (FS2) as well (just
experimenting, but if both clients use same codec, I suppose this can be
legitimately done?).
I put bypass_media_after_bridge=true on the media server (I did it in few
places in Lua script).

*But as per sip trace, it does not sends any reinvite after the call was
answered.*
*Only FS1 sends reINVITE.*

So, looks like I cannot remove FS2 from media path like this.

Do you think it is not possible to acheive this kind of configuration so
both servers will work in bypass media?

Thank you,
Vitalie