[Freeswitch-users] Hi

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Wed Jun 9 04:59:55 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Zuhair Raza
<engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have one more question to ask, I am unable to compile alsa-driver-1.0.20
> on centos 5.5, I googled but could not find any usable info I got this
> error.
>
> In file included from /usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20/acore/hwdep.c:1:
> /usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20/include/adriver.h:1779:1: error: unterminated
> #if
> /usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20/include/adriver.h:1:1: error: unterminated
> #ifndef
> make[3]: *** [/usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20/acore/hwdep.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [/usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20/acore] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/alsa-driver-1.0.20] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.3.1.el5-i686'
> make: *** [compile] Error 2

use alsa drivers 1.0.20 and compile them as per the instructions on
the wiki (you have to edit some files, is very clearly explained in
the wiki page).
The preferred centos version for FreeSWITCH is 5.3, but 5.5 would
probably be ok.
Maybe with centos 5.5 they changed something, in that case you will
have to do adapt the dits to the files.

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at celliax.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Zuhair,
>>
>> maybe you need to find a friend with some more unix experience, that
>> can help you for the first few days.
>>
>> You have to:
>>
>> 1) compile skypopen_auth as in the wiki ("gcc -Wall -ggdb
>> skypopen_auth.c -o skypopen_auth -lX11")
>> 2) login with ssh -X
>> 3) launch Skype client
>> 4) launch "skypopen_auth localhost:10.0"
>>
>> -giovanni
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Zuhair Raza
>> <engineerzuhairraza at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > you mean to use this syntax
>> > gcc -Wall -ggdb skypopen_auth.c -o skypopen_auth -lX11:101  ??
>> >
>> > When i do echo $DISPLAY it says localhost:10.0
>> > and when gcc -Wall -ggdb skypopen_auth.c -o skypopen_auth -lX11:$DISPLAY
>> > it says cannot find -lX11:localhost:10.0
>> >

>> > On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Giovanni Maruzzelli
>> > <gmaruzz at celliax.org>

>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Zuhair Raza