[Freeswitch-users] Sending NOTIFY message to a phone via XML-RPC

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 4 02:38:29 PDT 2010

Hello,

I try to send a NOTIFY message from my application to a registered phone
via XML-RPC.
This is the XML which is sent:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<methodCall>
<methodName>freeswitch.api</methodName>
<params>
<param>
<value>
<string>sendevent</string>
</value>
</param>
<param>
<value>
<string>NOTIFY,profile=internal,event-string=check-sync;reboot=false,user=200,host=192.168.178.220,content-type=application/simple-message-summary</string>
</value>
</param>
</params>
</methodCall>

However I receive an error message:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>.
<methodResponse>.
<params>.
</params>.
</methodResponse>.

I also tried to send the data as a struct but FS complains about needing
a string as parameters.

What am I doing wrong? Anybody has a valid sample XML for a NOTIFY message?

Best regards
Peter