[Freeswitch-users] No Early Media Ringback

Andrew Thompson andrewkt at aktzero.com
Wed Jun 2 08:17:09 PDT 2010

On 6/2/2010 8:11 AM, Praveen Ray wrote:
> Hi All
> I am using Freeswitch 1.0.6 with Vitelity as inbound/outbound
> provider. My Inbound calls route properly to extension 1000, however,
> the caller does not hear the extension ringing. The extension at 1000
> does ring however and once I pick up the call, the conversation
> proceeds normally. I just can't figure out why the caller hears
> silence during phone ringing. I have tried putting instant_ringback in
> dialplan/public.xml:

I get this from a couple VOIP providers. My main number goes straight to
a IVR so it's a little strange for some callers, but for the others
ring_ready seems to help. If you immediately start doing stuff, like an
IVR, it won't help unless you put in a delay(so the ringing can happen)
before you answer. But the way I see it, once you've got the call, do
something with it! If the inbound call just rings until someone answers,
this should do it:

<action application="ring_ready" />

--
Andrew Thompson