[Freeswitch-users] How can I keep the A-leg from establishing early media (and playing ringback in-band) until after the B-leg answers the call?

Jason Jeffords jason at cloudtree.net
Tue Jul 27 07:43:04 PDT 2010

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your very fast response and your excellent work on Freeswitch
:)

We have tried setting ignore_early_media=true in the bridge dial string (the
leg).  This has the expected effect of removing ringing from the channel
(the
A leg no longer hears ringing, neither Skype nor PSTN).

The problem is the A leg has answered the Skype call (mod_skypopen) and
established a channel before the B leg has answered.  We want to tie these
call state machines together to allow the A leg to continue to Skype ring
until
the B leg answers.

We tried setting ignore_early_media on the A leg as well in several
different
locations in the dialplan without success.

Do you have another other suggestions?  Is there a different variable that
allows the state machines to be tied together as described above?

Thanks for your help,

Jason