[Freeswitch-users] Active Calls on a gateway

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Fri Jul 23 07:06:12 PDT 2010

That wasn't part of my design, but I can explain it by pointing to an
example on the wiki:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Limit#Using_limit_with_an_outbound_gateway

<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Limit#Using_limit_with_an_outbound_gateway>Basically,
the limit is set, a call is tried, when the call fails we transfer to the
next extension to process the next gateway.  We don't want the limits
already set to be attached to the next gateway so transferring removes 'em
all and we set new ones in each outbound gateway extension.

Personally, I just use mod_lcr with the lcr/ endpoint which has support (if
setup right) for setting limits.  But FS is about having a toolbox with many
ways to accomplish the same thing with different tradeoffs in complexity.
 Use what works in your situation.

-Rupa