[Freeswitch-users] Retrieve Callee User Variables in Dialplan

Roman_ lists at ione.ch
Fri Jul 16 05:50:48 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I have been looking through the documentation and the forum but could not
find what I was looking for.

Basically, I was wondering if it is possible, that when somebody calls an
internal number, in the dialplan I retrieve a variable associated with the
user of the called number and then evaluate conditions according to the
contents of that variable.

Just as an example, let's assume I have a user in the directory with the
following entry:

<include>
  <user id="1000" mailbox="1000">
    <params>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="some_name" value="some_value"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

Now, if somebody calls extension 1000, when evaluating the extension in the
dialplan, I would like to be able to retrieve the variable "some_name" of
the user with extension 1000 (i.e., the callee) and then take some action
depending on the value "some_value" of that variable.

Is there a mechanism to do that, or am I trying to do something the wrong
way? Basically what I would like to do is be able to add a variable to a
user and then, when that user is called, take different action depending on
the value of that user.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Roman