[Freeswitch-users] Spoken name recognition

Tom C mel0torme at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:07:43 PDT 2010

I couldn’t find anything about this in the mailing list archives; everything
was about full speech recognition and transcription of voicemail.  Perhaps I
just don’t know the correct term to search for.

I want to set up directory where the caller says the name of the person, and
the call is forwarded to that person.  E.g.

            Freeswitch:  “Please say the name of the person you are looking
for”

            Caller:   “Megan Fox”

            Freeswitch:  “Morgan Freeman.  Is this correct?”

            Caller:   “No”

            Freeswitch:  “Please say the name of the person you are looking
for”

            Caller:  “Megan Fox”

            Freeswitch:  “Doctor Flox.  Is this correct?”

            Caller:  “No”

            Freeswitch:  “Please say the name of the person you are looking
for”

            Caller:  “Katy Perry”

            Freeswitch:  “Katy Perry.  Is this correct?”

            Caller:  “YES!!!!!!”

            Freeswitch:  “Connecting….”

This shouldn’t require as elaborate a speech recognition system, since the
“dictionary” will be very small.  Should I just look at the Vestec adapter?
Or is there something smaller and cheaper available?