[Freeswitch-users] SIP2VXML

Jan Berger jan.berger at video24.no
Sat Jul 10 05:50:06 PDT 2010

I don't use OpenVXI for reasons like - dead project, performance,
reliability, non-scaling architecture, wrong dependencies - and so on. We
have a target of 20,000 sessions on my laptop alone - and I have already
secured that and more. We can do more, but we start running out of memory.
What I expect out of FreeSWITCH/CCXML/VXML is that we can scale up as much
as FreeSWITCH can without CCXML/VXML being the show-stopper.

Then OpenVXI came out it was adopted by tier1 companies that still use the
stack today. Some people consider that a reference, but they fail to
understand that those companies have the strength needed to pick up
half-done-work and make it right. Though the ones I know of still struggle
with performance issues.

<snip>

So when it was first invented, people tried to sell the editors for money,
the only implementation were commercial and there was no real acceptance to
it.  The first open source VXML stack was dependency-ridden and archaic to
even build for many years.

</snip>