[Freeswitch-users] Native stacks

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 08:18:23 PDT 2010

I want the native stack to succeed because our goal was to have an open
source BSD licensed free ISDN stack so we can put an end to people selling
it for ungodly fees.

The libpri is fine to use if a user assembles it himself but ultimately it's
GPL and there is a grey-area license conflict with using with FS.
 Technically OpenZAP/FreeTDM is BSD and compat with libpri but according to
the greedy GPL, when you load it the GPL infects the whole code and makes it
also GPL.  FS is MPL and is happily compat with OpenZAP/FreeTDM but there is
a philosophical debate as to if the BSD lib in the middle that completely
abstracts the 2 entities, protects FS from the GPL

FreeTDM is still OpenZAP, just with another name.  Sangoma is only working
on their own modules for FreeTDM and the API as a whole still supports
everything OpenZAP does.  I think stkn will merge his stack back into
FreeTDM and it can continue to be developed for those who don't have Sangoma
cards.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Helmut Kuper <helmut.kuper at ewetel.de>wrote:

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/