[Freeswitch-users] enforcing RTP payload numbers for codecs

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 07:08:32 PDT 2010

No, you can't force codecs in the dynamic range and if properly implemented,
it won't matter what number either side chooses.

On Jul 8, 2010 8:34 AM, "Tzury Bar Yochay" <tzury.by at reguluslabs.com> wrote:

Hi,

I just download the latest, build and brought up all is fine.
However, our clients are connected via IP over GPRS(UMTS) and thus we
are using Speex codec.

Is there a way I can enforce speex to have 97 or 98 instead of 99?
Currently as it looks in the vars.xml speex is 99.
see dump (taken from default vars.xml)

thanks
Tzury
      RTP Dynamic Payload Numbers currently used in FreeSWITCH and what for.

      96  - AMR
      97  - iLBC (30)
      98  - iLBC (20)
      99  - Speex 8kHz, 16kHz, 32kHz