[Freeswitch-users] More questions migrating from Asterisk to FS

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Jul 7 16:12:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM, mazilo <Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com>wrote:

> Thank you for your speedy response. I am not sure I do understand what you
> said. Please kindly bear with me as FS is a new world to me. It sure will
> be
> nice to see some sample XML codes. I used this
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Provider_Configuration:_Gizmo Gizmo5
> configuration. Let's say I have two Gizmo5 accounts 17471234567 and
> 17477654321. Then, the contents of my sip_profiles/external/gizmo5.xml file
> that list both gateways will have only different username/password and the
> rest parameters will be the same. It would be nice that the same parameters
> don't need to be relisted on each gateway. I hope this makes it more clear.

I suppose that would be nice, but since these are static XML files your best
bet is to create one, make sure it works, then make a copy. Edit the copy
and you're done! Gateways have relatively few options compared to other
configuration entities so having some sort of templating system doesn't save
you a whole lot of time or energy.
-MC