[Freeswitch-users] VM Force Password Change

Robert Hadley robert.hadley at teotech.com
Wed Jul 7 08:48:43 PDT 2010

Hi Tim,

Think of the vm-password in the lineId.xml file as an alternate or back-door
password.  Mod_voicemail stores the user's main voicemail password in its
database (db/voicemail.db is the default), set via the VM IVR.  It only uses
the alternate if the main password check fails.  You can set the lineId.xml
file vm-password to "user-choose" to get part of the functionality you want:
i.e. there is no alternate password set by default.

Regards,
Robert