[Freeswitch-users] Two FreeSWITCH Box IVR Call Transfer

David Swardstrom dswardstrom at remotelink.com
Wed Jul 7 07:40:56 PDT 2010

I have an untested solution to this issue.
Note: I am using JavaScript code examples:
The following will do the "divert"/"transfer" if you have a session.
session.execute("deflect", dfltstr);

When Sip is involved, FreeSwitch when using a SIP "Call Transfer" which asks
some upstream system to send the call to some other system.

When doing this, a new destination address can be supplied.
This can include a "postd" parameter.
I think postd stands for "post dial" and is a standard parameter that can be
added to the destination address.
RFC 3261, section 19.1.6 has the following example:
Thus, tel:+358-555-1234567;postd=pp22 becomes
sip:+358-555-1234567;postd=pp22 at foo.com;user=phone

There should be a way to add a postd string to the new destination address.
So you can put the "user id" into the postd string.

When the divert/transfer occurs, the new system will get the call as if it
was an originated call.
Looking at the destination string, the presence or absence of postd can
determine how the
call should be handled. If a postd is provided, the value can be used as the
"user id".

Note: I was looking at conferencing so planned to pass the conference
information this way.

Another note: I don't think that "user=phone" is necessary. The systems seem
to be designed to
work with it provided or not provided.

If/When I find time, I will code this up as a JavaScript example and add it
to the Wiki.