[Freeswitch-users] mod_erlang_event problem: REPRODUCIBLE, fix needed

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:34:24 PDT 2010

Hi, All and Andrew especially! ;-)

I have managed to found a reason of my erlang and freeswitch mis-communication.

I am receiving a call through 'external' sofia profile. Then I am
sending it to my erlang application, *without* answering. The intent
is for erlang application to test 'validity' of the call and then
bridge it to external destination. Voice path needs to go directly
between caller and callee, so I set inbound-bypass-media to true in
external profile. When inbound-bypass-media is set to false, I am
successfully managing a call through erlang application. When it is
set to false, I am seeing 'got pid' and 'exit
erlang_outbound_function' in log files, and I cannot manage calls in
erlang.

So, I guess there is a bug somewhere in erlang_event module or
freeswitch itself. What should I do? Open a bug report in jira?

Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov at jabber.ru