[Freeswitch-users] Equivalent to Asterisk's "directrtpsetup=yes"?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Jan 30 05:53:25 PST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:43:59 -0000,
<Russell.Mosemann at cune.org> wrote:
>The ports are open between the endpoint and Freeswitch. The ports are not
>open between the two endpoints themselves. If each endpoint is behind its
>own NAT, neither endpoint will be able to contact the other endpoint
>unless some kind of forwarding is set up on the firewall to map the
>external IP address and port to an internal IP address and port.

Thanks but the context I was refering to is...
1. Freeswitch is configured in BypassMedia mode
2. The firewall and the local end-points are configured so that a
series of UDP ranges are mapped to their respective end-point (eg.
UDP100-1003 for extension #1, 1004-1007 for #2, etc.)
... so that RTP packets flow directly between the two end-points

Brian says above that there might be cases where NAT could be a
problem. When could this happen?

I'd like to get to the bottom of this so that in case a server is a
bit short on CPU/network power, I know that there's the alternative of
RTP packets by-passing the server... but I also need to know what
issues this setup can cause.

Thank you.