[Freeswitch-users] luacurl vs io.popen("curl ...") vs api:executeString( "curl ..")

Tom Carlson tom at tomcarlson.com
Wed Jan 20 17:38:04 PST 2010

I was hoping that those knowledgeable in these things could tell me,
strategically, which curl method would be most cpu friendly for me to use to
access my restful web service.

   1. Use freeSWITCH's mod_curl and issue an api:executeString( "curl ..")
   command
   2. Use the luacurl library from http://luaforge.net/projects/luacurl/
   3. Use linux's curl through an io.popen() command

I was intending to use the luacurl library, but it occured to me that
mod_curl might have been specially engineered to provide better efficiency.

Thanks.