[Freeswitch-users] Bria softphone registration issue (NAT/rport issue?)

Adam Ford lists at redbonez.net
Mon Jan 18 14:43:23 PST 2010

I don't know if any of you would be able to help with this, but I figured I
would ask.

After a few hours of inactivity, it seems my Bria softphones lose connection
with FreeSWITCH.  They are able to call out, but when calling in I just get
silence until it goes to voicemail.  It sounds like a classic NAT issue,
except the NAT is completely handled by a Soincwall that has VoIP features
to support SIP transformations (SonicOS Enhanced 5.x).

It seems as though after a period of time the port in which the Sonicwall is
assigning for the SIP UA and the port that FreeSWITCH has registered get out
of sync, despite the Bria re-registering every 5 minutes.  Could this be
caused by 'Use rport' being enabled by default in the Bria softphone?

Setup -

FreeSWITCH 1.0.4

Bria 2.5.4

Sonicwall E5500 with SIP transformations and Consistent NAT enabled

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Adam