[Freeswitch-users] Questions about mod_fifo

Jingwei Yang jingwei.yang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 02:51:44 PST 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm implementing an ACD system using ESL and mod_fifo. Based on what Anthony
suggested in this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org/msg01652.html

*You can make an event socket application that listens for FIFO events and
keeps track of what FIFOs are currently busy and when there are people
waiting you can have that script generate a call to a group of SIP phones so
when the first one answers, it sends them in as an agent where they can
field the calls.
*

1. How should I handle the concurrent issues? If I bridge a user to two
agents and both of them answers, how does FS take care of this situation?
Will a slower agent get a busy tone automatically?

2. If the socket application is brought up after some users have called in,
what command should I use to check the busy queues? fifo list?

3. Am I using fifo list and fifo count correctly?

here's the testing dialplan:

    <extension name="in_fifo">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^779$">
        <action application="set" data="fifo_music=$${hold_music}"/>
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="fifo" data="*myq *in"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

when a call comes in and gets queued, these are the results of some commands
I tried.

freeswitch at localhost.localdomain> fifo list
API CALL [fifo(list)] output:
<fifo_report>
  <fifo name="cool_fifo at 192.168.1.104" consumer_count="0" caller_count="0"
waiting_count="0" importance="0">
    <callers></callers>
    <consumers></consumers>
  </fifo>
</fifo_report>

freeswitch at localhost.localdomain> fifo list myq
API CALL [fifo(list myq)] output:
<fifo_report></fifo_report>

freeswitch at localhost.localdomain> fifo count myq
API CALL [fifo(count myq)] output:
none

It seems *myq* doesn't get created at all? Please enlighten.

Thanks and best regards,
-Jingwei