[Freeswitch-users] Codecs and things

Ahmed Naji a.alalousi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:15:01 PST 2010

Hi Rupa,

Thanks for your feedback.

One thing that caught my eye in your reply is you mentioning that proxy
media is a special hack for T38. The reason I'm using proxy mode is to fully
mask the identity of end points from each other. If there is another of
achieving this in FS then I am definitely very interested in hearing about
it and implementing it.

You also mention regular mode, and I couldn't find mention of this anywhere
in the Wiki. So far, my understanding was that you could run FS in either
proxy or bypass media modes. Can you elaborate a little bit and discuss this
a bit more ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Ahmed.