[Freeswitch-users] Avoiding restart of transfer_ringback file during successive bridge actions.

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 21:00:57 PST 2010

Hi,
I'm implementing ACD functionality using a dialplan.
Basically, I prepare a list of members in a group and try each one of them
in successive bridge actions.
I cannot use a single bridge action with all members separated with pipes
because I am required to check some conditions like if the member is already
in another call. So what I do is to add a transfer action after the bridge
so that the call reenters the dialplan with the remaining of the list.
Up to this point things are fine.
However, if the call is answered and transferred to the group, I set
transfer_ringback so that I can play a file while the bridge is happening.
In case transfer_ringback is set to something like "local_stream://moh",
then we hear a small glitch every time a bridge action happens as the bridge
doesn't take into account that the ringback was already set up by a previous
operation and sets up the playfile operation again. But this is also fine.
The problem is in case transfer_ringback is set to an actual file and not
local_stream. In this case, every bridge action will cause restart of the
playback from the beginning.
So, is it possible to ask bridge to do not setup playback if it is already
running referencing the same file?

regards,
takeshi