[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail - Is it possible?

Craig Smith craigesmith at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 03:59:14 PST 2010

Hi!

I have a legacy PBX, Mitel to be specific, and an ailing AVST voice
mail system that I'm looking to replace with Freeswitch.

I know I can toggle the MWI on or off for a particular extension on
the Mitel by dialing a feature code plus extension.

Is there a way to use voicemail so that I can turn on/off MWI based on
the status of the mailbox.

Turning the light on seems like it would be the easy part, shutting it
off when all messages have been read has me perplexed.

If I used MySQL, could I scan flags on messages in mailboxes to toggle my MWI?

Thanks,

Craig