[Freeswitch-users] FAS detection with FS

Ahmed Naji a.alalousi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:43:59 PST 2010

That's what I had in mind + some other techniques to address things to help
with answering machines and recorded messages.

Vasilis rightly states some of the challenges in doing this, and he is also
right on the legal and effort/benefit ratio.

My aim behind all of this is not to really prosecute or dispute issues with
carriers - we have an active policy of barring FAS routes after the second
offence, so that's covered. The aim is to be able to detect such routes as
an when they arise, and be proactive rather than reactive in dealing with
this horrendous and disgusting practice that plagues the telecom industry.

Best regards,

Ahmed.

Ahmed Naji