[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch and GSM/HSPA Modems

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Wed Jan 6 09:39:22 PST 2010

Hello Michelle,

it supports all modules that accepts standard ETSI AT-GSM commands
(so, let's say all of them).

Maybe I do not understand the second question, what do you means for Endpoints?

If you're talking usb endpoints, you'll need a modem endpoint (that
can be seen as a serial port), and (if you need audio, eg not just
SMSs but voice calls too) you need an audio endpoint (that can be seen
as a soundcard).

Many modules and cellphones can be seen as HDSPA or GPRS modems, just
check their specs.

For audio, if the module/cellphone/modem does not offer an audio usb
endpoint (eg cannot be seen as a soundcard) one trick is to connect
the headset jack to an usb soundcard (you can find soundcard with for
factor like a dongle based on cm-108 chipset for under $10). I'll
publish the schema of the cable needed from hadset jack in the
phone/module to the usb soundcard).

If I have not get what you asked, please explain more your question.

-giovanni