[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch and GSM/HSPA Modems

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Wed Jan 6 07:59:14 PST 2010

hehehe,

MikeJ, you're right!

I'm taking opportunity from holidays (in Italy we still in holidays
until tomorrow), to make ready for testing the endpoint for GSM
devices.

Short blurb:
- can use as phisical interface high end GSM modules, or gsm modems,
or gsm cellphones (with cables)
- can send/receive SMSs and voice calls
- SMSs generates events
- will use standard CHAT api interface for SMSs (like Jingle and sofia/SIMPLE)
- will be possible to compile it with sound support and a c++ library
for PDU access (for who that wants maximum SMS details plus voice
calls)
-will be possible to compile it as bare C (no c++) without sound
support and without PDU support for maximum embeddability in low end
machines (will act as an SMS gateway, sending/receiving SMSs, without
voice calls)

will soon be ported to work on windoz too (at the moment, works only
on Linux, maybe on *BSD too)

You can see old wikipage (no more reliable, to be thoroughly updated)
here: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/GSMopen

-giovanni