[Freeswitch-users] Detecting status of User Agent

Durk.de Beer durk.debeer at isp.solcon.nl
Wed Jan 6 01:04:26 PST 2010

Ok I want to do the following thing. If an user agent (UA), some SIP-client for instance X-lite, is of line the call is to be forwarded to an phone number provided by the user how was called.
I succeed doing this if there is no registration for the number dialled. FS is then reporting an USER_NOT_REGISTERED so I am able to alter the dial plan accordingly and redirect the call. So far so good. Now my problem arises when there is an registration on FS but the UA is not online for what ever reason (my cat seems to like to chew on CAT5 cable). If this occurs FS is trying to bridge but it is unable to because there is no response from the UA called. It ends by a RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE but the time it takes for this to happen is far to long. I've tried to set this variable but failed to do so. Other channel variables seem to be only effective if there's an successful bridge. So how do I set the RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE?

Durk