[Freeswitch-users] Hangup on silence?

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Mon Jan 4 07:10:42 PST 2010

Hi, is there a way to hangup after a certain amount of silence? my
problem is that with regular PSTN calls I don't get a BYE from my
provider until around 1 minute after the phone has been hanged up.
This is pretty standard, and the provider is not at fault, but I would
like to hangup the call after I detect a certain amount of silence
time. The only thing I could find was wait_for_silence on the wiki,
but that application only delays dialplan execution, and I would need
something like: hangup_on_silence=30, where 30 means to hangup if 30
seconds of silence have passed.

Thanks for your help!

Nicolas