[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan question

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 15:26:08 PST 2010

I have FS installed and I can make outgoing calls through my SIP provider.
 I can also call other extensions (FS is running on a small Xen domU on
the internet), but I am having problems getting the dialplan for incoming
calls to work.

What I want to do is have incoming calls on my number ring all extensions,
e.g. 1000 - 1005 for 10 seconds and then go to voicemail for extension
1000.  If there are no logged-on users, then it should go straight to
voicemail.  Rather than bite off too much, I thought I would try and get a
very basic setup working and take it from there...

At the moment it goes straight to voicemail for extension 1000 even if
1000 is logged in.  Here are the dialplan files I have (everything else is
default from the trunk install):

dialplan/public/00_inbound_did.xml:

<include>
    <extension name="08433xxxxxxx">
        <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(0843xxxxxxx)$">
            <action application="transfer" data="$1 XML default"/>
        </condition>
    </extension>
</include>

dialplan/default/12_voiptalk.xml:

<include>
  <extension name="public_did">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(0843xxxxxxx)$">
      <action application="transfer" data="1000 XML default"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>
  <extension name="outgoing">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^9([0-9]+)$">
      <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/voiptalk/$1" />
    </condition>
  </extension>
</include>

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where I am going wrong.
I've been looking at various FS wiki pages for hours as well as the
example configs and can't seem to make any headway.  My other question is
what command should I be run after changing the dialplan? is it just
'reloadxml'?

Many thanks,

Matt.