[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax- how to know which card to use?

Doc ledoktre at meanie.us
Fri Feb 19 13:30:42 PST 2010

Hey guys,

I am attempting to setup Skypiax and Freeswitch on Ubuntu Hardy.  I've
had a couple of previous problems which updating to SVN trunk release
seemed to resolve, but I've got one lingering one to ask about.

When a call comes in to my SkypeIn number (PSTN that rings my Skype), FS
picks up and rings the desired extension.  No problems there.  What
happens though is, the person that is on the extension in the office can
hear the calling party just fine, but the calling party hears stuttered
choppy sound.

I've already tested my internet connection, and through QOS have
assigned my test box 512K up and 512K down, so on one test call
bandwidth should not be an issue.

What do you think causes the stuttering on my audio for the calling party?

Do you think it might be a codec?  I have everything setup right now to
use g711u.  I'd like to use something smaller and higher quality, but
I'm not sure what is a better option.

I had made some phone calls as listed above and they tested out just
fine, but in that same time frame I also recompiled Alsa drivers with
the Skypiax dummy file, so do you think there might be something in that
causing the stutter?

Looking for some advice.

Thanks,

Doc