[Freeswitch-users] Mod_Conference capacity....

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:07:59 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM, <joel.sisko at iconverged.com> wrote:

> Anthony thanks for the input. I am not looking for benchmark and understand
> the reasons why it does not make sense to do so since application usage and
> hardware will effect that benchmark.
>
> Looking for some successes by the group that they can share that would lead
> me to believe that using FreeSwitch would be worth the time and money to
> invest over our current conference solution. As an example, I can state that
> I have seen Yate used with 200 people in a single conference (all G711) work
> flawlessly, so does 200 count as "many" from your perspective or will
> FreeSwitch do that in its sleep?

Again, what is your problem with SIPP ?

I can say i used it wery well and reached incredible numbers ... I didn't
try conference but i did other things:

1. calls to FS that answered the call and played some prompts (wav -
transcoding needed) - 200 CPS and 2000 sim calls (limited!)  - a quad core
64bit proc (unfortunately AMD but :P)
2. calls to FS acting as an AS returning 302 messages - 480 CPS including
LDAP BD lookup in the background - a dualcore 64bit proc intel

There is not rule of thumb that can tell you what performance can you get.
It realy depends of the application you are running, the dialplan you are
using,  what HW (RAM, CPU, HDD/ramDISK...) are you running FS on...

The only way you kan know all of this is hit the limit of your platform
yourself (SIPP is an excelent tool for that, just play with it for a day or
two).... or pay someone to make this test for you within your enviorment.

Chears!
T.