[Freeswitch-users] h323 - sip call is not working

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:46:11 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> This is a rather broad assumption.  I have seen 40ms, 60ms and even 80ms in
> the wild.  It all depends on what you want to do.  It lowers overhead and
> increases efficiency on the wire.
>
> /b
>
> On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:24 AM, Nikolay Kondratyev wrote:
>
> By the way, I know that one can use different packetization times for the
> same codec, but I’ve never heard, that somebody really uses 30 ms for
> G711Alaw. Always 20ms.

everything above 60 ms is a nonsense ... and ugly :) It screws your voice
quality not even thinking VBD (voice band data) over that line :).

Anyhow, Nikolay, your problem is broken IPO h323 stack and the know avaya
"flexibility" when interoping with other vendor equipments. Here IPO is
unable to negotiate a different framing size than the default and sadly this
is the core of the problem.

Please, can you send me two tcpdump captures of calls between IPO and FS:

   1. a capture with fast start & h245tunneling=true
   2. a captire with fast start & h245tunelling=true + h245inSetup

I just want to be sure of something.

T.