[Freeswitch-users] Lua script hangup detect

Mike van Lammeren mike at van.lammeren.net
Thu Feb 11 13:51:20 PST 2010

D'oh!

I am currently working on a project that uses Lua and the native MySQL
driver, so as soon as I read this comment, I decided that I had better do a
bit of research.

I wrote a Lua test script that makes 10 queries against a MySQL database,
then ran it repeatedly.

My results show that "leaks like a sieve" is quite correct. To me, it
doesn't look like any memory is released, ever. After only 5000 queries or
so, the memory allocated for FreeSWITCH balloons from 15 Mb to 50 Mb, and
never goes back down.

Thanks, Brian, for the heads up!

Mike van Lammeren