[Freeswitch-users] ACL question and js error

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 16:24:39 PST 2010

After some more experiments I have a working replacement for the asterisk
box we were using before, which is great.

I had problems getting incoming calls to work. Changing the entry in
acl.conf.xml from:

<list name="domains" default="deny">
   <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
</list>

to:

<list name="domains" default="allow">
   <node type="allow" domain="$${domain}"/>
</list>

and reloading xml works but this gets reverted every time FS starts up.
I've scanned the wiki docs and can't see anything pertaining to that.
Why/where is this happening and how do I make it the default?  Actually,
the question should probably be is it sensible to do that? - the box is
out on the internet and I really only want to take incoming calls from
voiptalk.org, but I can't find a list of IPs on their site which I could
create an acl from...

Second question: I have tried this example for an answer machine (mainly
because it looked the shortest and simplest of the examples listed):

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_answermachine

I get this error:

2010-02-06 19:01:26.799118 [ERR] answermachine.js:135  ReferenceError:
email is not defined

Which is relating to this line:

email(eMailFrom, eMailTo, "Subject: " + tmp_eMailSubject, eMailBody,
tmp_Filename);

The script says it requires mod_spidermonkey_etpan, but I can't find any
reference to that anywhere (I'm using svn trunk).  Where is it?

Thanks,

Matt - roughly 1% up the FreeSWITCH learning curve and climbing...

PS: a nice FreeSWITCH 'cookbook' which starts out at the most simple
example and goes on to add more juicy, *working* features would get my
money any day. Hint, hint! :-)