[Freeswitch-users] Looking for some good/cheap desktop phones

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 05:04:05 PST 2010

Some notes from a grumpy old luddite:

I have one of the Yealink USB desk speakerphones, and I don't think you
can get a better usability and audio quality to price ratio anywhere on
the market.  And it just worked.

The Aastra 6757i (also on my somewhat cluttered desk) cost more than ten
times as much, was a PITA to set up (its UPnP sporadically crashed my
WiFi router which was entertaining until I worked out what was going on
and turned it off), has a configuration interface that would send Steve
Jobs out hunting those responsible with an elephant gun were it an Apple
product and, once it was finally configured and working, gave me really
no more usable functionality on the deskphone than the el cheapo one
above.  The cordless handset's nice to have, though.

--Dave