[Freeswitch-users] Simple IAX2 setup - help with converting from asterisk to freeswitch

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 04:22:13 PST 2010

Hi,

I have compiled freeswitch trunk from svn on debian.  I am trying to
convert the following simple working asterisk config to freeswitch and I
would be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction:

pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat iax.conf
[general]
bindport=4569
bindaddr=my.ip.address
jitterbuffer=yes
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=deadend

[voiptalk]
type=peer
username=XXXXXX
secret=XXXXXX
host=iax.voiptalk.org

[0843XXXXXX]
type=friend
username=08433XXXXXX
context=incoming
requirecalltoken=auto

[1000]
type=friend
host=dynamic
mailbox=1000
secret=XXXXXX
context=phones
requirecalltoken=auto

pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat extensions.conf
[general]
autofallthrough=yes

[outgoing]
exten => _0[1-9].,1,Dial(IAX2/XXXXXX at voiptalk/44${EXTEN:1})
exten => _00.,1,Dial(IAX2/XXXXXX at voiptalk/${EXTEN:2})

[internal]
exten => 901,1,VoiceMailMain()
exten => 901,2,Hangup()
exten => 902,1,MeetMe(1234,cdM)
exten => 902,2,Hangup()

[incoming]
exten => XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/1000,30)
exten => XXXXXXXX,2,VoiceMail(1000 at internal)

[phones]
include => internal
include => outgoing

pbx:/etc/asterisk# cat voicemail.conf
[internal]
1000 => XXXX,Matt,me at myomain.com
format=wav49
maxsilence=0

Sorry to be a bonehead, but I'm struggling with the wiki docs (especially
with regard to IAX2) and also concerned about security.  I installed the
samples when I compiled freeswitch but wondering if that is a security
risk as the PBX box is on the public internet?

Many thanks,

Matt