[Freeswitch-users] voicemail_greeting_number - question

mbsip mbsip at gazeta.pl
Tue Feb 2 15:39:54 PST 2010

>> > Hi ALL,
>> >
>> > I am playing around with VM and want to play user recorded greeting
>> > instead of default one.
>> > I've scaned wiki Mod_Voicemail and found proper parameter
>> > "voicemail_greeting_number".
>> > Unfortunately there is a lack of example hence i dont know if it is
>> > already working.
>> >
>> > Aforementioned param was placed in /conf/directory/default/1000.xml
>> > file (param name="voicemail_greeting_number", i tried many values)
>> > The effect is that the default greeting is played.
>> >
>> > Is this param embeeded into FS right now?
>> > How to use it?
>> > Is there any other place I should do the changes?
>> >
>> > I am running  FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.trunk (16456).
>> >
>> > Thx in advance.
>> > Maciej
>> >

>> Anyone knows how to use this param?
>>
>> Of course i may provide voicemail_default.db with proper greeting_path
>> manually but i am not sure if "voicemail_greeting_number" works the
>> same way and is somehow correlated?
>>
> Have you recorded vm greeting one, vm greeting two, etc. before changing the
> param?
> -MC

Here is what i did:
- recorded two files /tmp/vm1.wav and /tmp/vm2.wav
- inserted two entries into voicemail_default.db/voicemail_prefs
1000|XX.xx.XX.xx|1|/tmp/vm1.wav|
1000|XX.xx.XX.xx|2|/tmp/vm2.wav|
- inserted param
<param name="voicemail_greeting_number" value="1"/> after tests exchanged with
<param name="voicemail_greeting_number" value="2"/>

The result is that every call vm2.wav is played - so it only depends
on db entries (param is omitted)

Could sb tell me how to configure this or point me to detailed
description of this param.

Thx,
Maciej.