[Freeswitch-users] Fifo: ring agents without answering to caller

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Feb 2 09:31:10 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Massimiliano Ravelli <max at ramax.it> wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I am using asterisk for a call center pbx and evaluating if I can replace
> it with FS.
> With asterisk queue I can ring agents without actually answer to the caller
> so he won't pay till the agent pickup.
> Can I do the same with FS ?
>
> Yes. However you will need to investigate how to handle your billing and
accounting. FreeSWITCH has many hooks for this and there are some 3rd party
projects that use these. You can even use mod_nibblebill for pre-paid
billing.

> Moreover I'd really like to fullfill this scenario: I managed to solve it
> in asterisk only with an ugly workaround.
> Customer calls the queue and he doesn't get answered for 20 seconds and
> then he hears welcome message, music and whatever is configured in the fifo.
> Obviously the agents should ring even in the starting 20 seconds.

What happens in the first 20 seconds? Do any phones ring? Just curious
what's happening in that limbo period. In any case, I highly recommend that
you grab a spare Linux box and load up FreeSWITCH and play around. The wiki
has tons of information and you can get good real-time help in #freeswitch
in irc.freenode.net.

-MC