[Freeswitch-users] conference and xmpp

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Mon Feb 1 07:44:22 PST 2010

Hello

I am trying to interact with conferences over xmpp.  I want to be able to see status changes and mute/unmute etc...  I can only list the members if I ask for a list.  I am having trouble understanding the wiki entree on this topic.  Profile names are confusing because all the examples show default as a name so it is hard to see what each profile name corresponds to.  My config looks like this currently.

   <profile name="ourchatperms">
    <!-- both of these users have a functionally equivalent capability set -->
    <user name="shawn at djernes.net" commands="all"/>
    <!-- individually specified commands must be book-end'ed with the | charachter -->
    <user name="frankiec at djernes.net" commands="|deaf|dial|energy|kick|list|lock|mute|norecord|play|record|relate|say|saymember|stop|transfer|undeaf|unlock|unmute|volume_in|volume_out|"/>
   </profile>
  </chat-permissions>

    <profile name="cdquality">
<param name="caller-controls" value="custom-ewr"/>
      <param name="chat-permissions" value="ourchatperms"/>
      <param name="domain" value="$${domain}"/>

Also we can only talk to the conference by conf+confnum-fqdn at fqdn.  Is there a way to make it conf+confnum at fqdn?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
--FC