[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH SBC Setup (HA mode)

Ghulam Mustafa mustafa.pk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 15:14:31 MSK 2010

Hi everyone,

i am trying to setup FreeSWITCH as a SBC in ha mode; for this purpose i have
setup two FS boxes(identical) in HA mode using heartbeat, mysql as odbc
backend and enabled track-calls in both sip profiles. Everything is working
as expected i.e sip sessions successfully recovered during failover in both
directions.

i am just curious and would like to know should i go for odbc or is it
possible to avoid odbc and use drbd for /opt/switch/db directory to keep .db
files in sync between two fs boxes. is it likely to work?

another question is related to performance when track-calls is enabled, we
are supposed to handle ~300 sip concurrent calls around the clock in
proxy_media mode, coming from our sip provider (on external profile) and
forwarding to our call-center server (configured as internal sip gateway),
we have plenty of good hardware (quad-core Xeon servers with 8Gigs ram), is
it good to go :) or can raise alarms?

Thanks and best regards,

--
Ghulam Mustafa