[Freeswitch-users] libg722_1: Cross Compilation of src/make_dct4_tables.c

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Dec 26 20:21:12 MSK 2010

On 12/27/2010 12:34 AM, mazilo wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for your quick response with patches. The libg722_1 is now
> cross-compilable for ARM5 platform to produce a host
> libg722_1/src/make_dct4_tables binary file. This will let the compilation
> process to generate the libg722_1/src/dct4.h file. However, I wonder if the
> libg722_1 binary code based on such dct4.h file will yield some logical
> errors in processing the G722 audio stream. Anyway,
> http://pastebin.com/BQC1iuYr here  is the dct4.h file generated from the
> make_dct4_tables on an ARM5 platform (a Seagate
> http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/network_storage/freeagent_dockstar
> DockStar ) for your perusal.
Although that dct4.h full of floating point values will be generated in
a cross build for an ARM, building for an ARM should automatically set
fixed point mode. Therefore that dct4.h file will not actually be used.
Do you have any reason to believe the codec which has been built is bad?
I think others have cross-built this code successfully for ARMs.

Lots of people doing cross-builds hit problems, solve them on their own,
but fail to report these issues up stream to the package developer.
Working around things on your own is great, to get things going, but
please do report these issues up stream. I think most library developers
want their code to "just build and run" on the widest possible range of
platforms, without any manual tweaking. I know I certainly do. No
developer has every platform available, so it takes input from people
hitting these problems to eliminate them.

Steve