[Freeswitch-users] libg722_1: Cross Compilation of src/make_dct4_tables.c

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Sun Dec 26 04:23:40 MSK 2010

I am facing a dilemma trying to cross-compile libg722_1 package from
FreeSWITCH git version for an ARM5 platform. First of all, the compilation
is fine up to a point to produce a cross-platform src/make_dct4_tables
binary file. From there on, the compilation process tries to execute the
newly produced (cross-compiled) src/make_dct4_tables binary file on the host
to produce a src/dct4.h file that contains tables. This certainly will crash
the compilation process because the src/make_dct4_tables binary file is for
an ARM5 platform and not an x86 platform where the host is. I can manually
compile the src/make_dct4_tables.c on the host to produce an x86 binary file
and use it to manually generate the src/dct4.h file, but this poses a
dilemma. Even though the src/dct4.h produced in this way will not have a
problem to produce the libg722_1 codes to run/execute on an ARM5 platform,
but it will probably not be able to correctly process the G722_1 audio
streams. The reason is simply I suspect the src/dct4.h files generated by
the src/make_dct4_tables binary file from both the x86 and ARM5 platforms
are not identical. I hope experts here will be able to see this and come up
with the solution.

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.