[Freeswitch-users] ESL outbound /inbound

Rafqat . rafonline at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 14:55:55 MSK 2010

Hi Chris

In terms of the projects you eluded too, do you use inbound or outbound event sockets?  The reason I am asking is that it seems to me that either could be used for billing monitoring.  At the moment I am thinking in terms of purely using inbound mode to listen to events (and controlling what freeswitch does via sendmsg).

I would appreciate it if you could clarify this point for me as I am failing to understand the true difference between inbound and outbound mode and when each should be used (there seems to be alot of overlap imo - correct me if i am wrong).

Cheers

Raf