[Freeswitch-users] members audio conference

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:53:48 MSK 2010

Conferencing is one of the cases where every member will be doing
transcoding, because even if they all use the same codec it still
needs to uncompress every member's media stream so that it can mix and
recompress them.

If you're worried about CPU usage, the try to get all members to be
using one of the codecs that's a little nicer on the CPU.

-Steve