[Freeswitch-users] audio quality issue

Rafqat . rafonline at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 18 00:19:11 MSK 2010

Hi,

I recently installed freeswitch 1.0.6 on centos 5.5 (hosted on xen server).  I feel as if the audio quality is not as good as what it should be (6-7 out of 10).  This is apparent in calling the default voicemail IVR, sometimes I have issues leaving a message, sometimes I hear some weird noises.  However, I have no issues with the quality of the recorded voicemail message I leave, it sounds fine on playback.

Is this an issue with my phones (Flexor 500)?  I have a softphone which doesn't seem as bad but still has issues.

I also get the following message on startup of freeswitch:

2010-12-17 21:17:39.138958 [WARNING] switch_time.c:206 Timer resolution of 4000 microseconds detected!
Do you have your kernel timer frequency set to lower than 1,000Hz? You may experience audio problems.

I assume its related.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Raf